Sunday, April 1, 2007

By the Way. . . (no cats I swear)

I thought I should mention that I'm not being overly emotional anymore (that commercial just came on, and it didn't even bother me... and I am alone). I think I'm taking my stress out in a new way: cooking! Last night I made stuffed shells (thank you Paula), and they were pretty excellent. Paired with a simple salad (with multiple colors because you eat with your eyes first) and a nice bread, it made for a nice dinner. The merlot made it kind of a nice dinner for a couple. But I think famlies would be into it (I cut the recipe in half and still had enough for at least 4 people).

I had some left over stuff from the shells, so I just made a lasagna that also came out pretty good. The sad thing is that no one is around to eat it.

The thing about cooking is that it doubles as a technique of procrastination. Not only is there the time I spend physically cooking the food, there's recipes to search for, the Food Network to watch, and trips to the grocery store and such... But yeah, I really should do some work now. I thought about my blog because Perez Hilton is on tv right now (yeah I really didn't get who he was until this class).

And by "go do some work" I mean watch some tv while thinking about memoir-writing... but only for about 40 minutes because then I have to get up and check on the strawberry pie that's in the oven. : )

3 comments:

Fillmore said...

Strawberry pie? Is that even possible?

I believe in unicorns now!

Burdamania said...

Speaking of strawberry pies


Here's a speech about abortion!

http://marshalllaw.livejournal.com/2006/05/16/

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.