Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm it?

After that one time I did that crazy thing with that one person I probably shouldn't have but it was pretty sweet so I don't regret it and yeah, this person invited me to join yet another social networking website: Tagged. I accepted and even threw a picture up there, despite the slower internet connections because I thought it'd be a nice way to keep in touch with this one person. I pretty much igonored it soon after joining, but after being home I realized it was a good way to continue writing in Spanish because people (read: men) send me messages all the time, and instead of ignoring them, I entertain them and wow them with my written skills (if only I could do this with my verbal skills without having to talk to strangers).

Anyway, after many requests to chat via messenger (I still like seeing lots of words in Spanish with the random English technology word thrown in... messenger) someone just asked for my email address, and since he seemed pretty harmless, I gave it to him. Turns out he's a rafting guide with Spanish schools in Turrialba, Arenal, and Dominical (did I mention my profile says I am from Costa Rica?). That's when I figure out he's a gringo. A gringo with Spanish schools, eh? Funny because I recently put myself onboard with a couple friends' idea of opening up a Spanish/surf school in Nicaragua.

So once I tell this guy I'm from Boston, we start writing in English, and I ask him about his experience with his schools. As expected, his beach school (Dominical with a joint surf school) does the best. And the reason they have had success is because they have a "very extensive medical Spanish program"... ohhh... I don't think my friends have thought that far ahead. But it's some good info to know. And now I don't feel like writing anymore.

Except for this: Tagged has some terrible features which includes "friends" "buying" "me." It's just wierd. Like... you know what? I just won't go there. Ciao.

No comments: