Friday, February 16, 2007

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

Blog. The word is just funny. I tend to now make the joke "Oh you can read about it in my blog" more often now. But the real funny thing is the other night I realized that random things I blog about come up in everyday "normal" conversations. So I am left wondering: am I blogging about things that are naturally interesting to me to talk about, or is my blog overtaking my life? Maybe I'll be one of those people that can't get enough of the blogosphere. And you'll legit have to "read about it in my blog" to even know I am still alive.

Or maybe I really am just as lame as the random topics I've covered in here... c'est la vie, right?

One of the things that came up the other night, after a long day of binge-Valentining, was the collaborative blog's question about the first kiss. Somehow I just had to talk about the "romantic gesture" thing because 1) I hadn't thought about it in a while, and 2) has anyone else ever done this?

I found myself sitting on my couch with my roommate's boyfriend-type-person's older brother... pulling out some of our "tricks"-- oh have you ever done this?? ohmygod, one time this person did this... so hot.

Somehow this lead into more discussions about "spittin' game" and such (ha ha ha). And somehow "the wink" came up! Now, this guy also pulls off a great wink. But he was well aware that if it wasn't natural, it was a mess; and if it was successful, it was a big win. We laughed at how we both totalllly got it.

Then he said something to the idea that I could pull off the wink.

Um, no. I don't think I'd even try-- definitely not my style.

But he said something like, "Okay, maybe not an official wink... but you do this thing with your eyebrows when you're talking... the way you raise them up and down is like... it's like you're putting the period at the end of a sentence."

I was really impressed with this imagery and kind of excited that he could call me out on it. Like the wink, it's just something natural, and what better thing for me than something that has to do with sentences? I'm pretty much committing my life to academia, the written word, papers, books, syntax, grammar... and my body language pulls off something as simple and as major as that of a period at the end of a sentence. I found it really beautiful and something I wanted to remember.

Hmm...

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I think I like the your blog the most. I like how there is some variety. Keep it up. I'll def be "reading about it in your blog" which sadly i say also now all the time...