Monday, April 16, 2007

All right!

Let's talk about the Blogosphere!


I admit that I wasn't a very big blog reader before taking this class; I just assumed blogs were for gossip and pop culture. But my opinions have changed.


For my Spanish class, we had to give a brief presentation on any current news article from a Spanish-speaking country. Since I've been trying to learn as much about Costa Rica as I can (which can be difficult when I have to take into consideration all the other work I need to get done), I decided to look into Costa Rican newspapers. So I've been reading La Nacion (Spanish) and The Tico Times (English), but I realized that newspapers aren't going to offer me any information on what the country is REALLY like, right? This is when I decided to Google search for "Costa Rica blogs"... and then this came up: The Real Costa Rica.


I haven't navigated the whole site (yet), but there is a blog I left a comment on. And then someone (Alan Petersen) saw my comment and left me a message on my blog. And his comment led me to this site, which is a bunch of podcasts about the country.


Thank you Blogosphere! Thank you for giving me the kind of information I want, and thank you for offering me this sort of network...


So basically, I am going to apply to teach in Costa Rica by the end of this month. And I am going to continue to learn a lot about the country. And I am going to rock my interview and get the job. Done and done.



I have to.

No comments: